AHIMA World Congress Events
Middle East Healthcare Information Summit
It was the event to attend!
From 19-21 0ctober, close to 450 healthcare professionals and representatives from healthcare providers, service providers, payers, vendors, government and educational institutions gathered for the first AWC UAE Chapter Healthcare Information Summit and training workshops in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Highlights of the events include:
- More than 30 speakers from 10 countries leading presentations and panels discussions
- Six (6) AHIMA subject matter experts delivering best practices from the US
- Speakers, panel participants and attendees from leading regional healthcare providers, insurers/ payers, government agencies, healthcare vendors and educational organizations, represent the entire UAE healthcare ecosystem—HAAD, MOH, DHA, DAMAN, SEHA, TASNEEF, HCT, CCAD, 3M, and Cerner, among others.
- Representative from the American Medical Association in attendance and exhibiting
- Three dedicated training tracks: Coding, CDI, and Data Analytics and Informatics
- The summit’s more than 35 educational sessions focused on healthcare core competencies for best practices, revenue cycle improvement, and workforce development:
- Revenue Cycle—15+ sessions
- Workforce Development—10+ sessions
- Medical Coding—15+ sessions
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI)—15 sessions
- Health Data Analytics—10+ sessions
- Health Informatics—10+ sessions
- Health Privacy and Security—2 sessions
- Presentation of the first AWC Champion Award to Ann Webster, RHIA, CCS.
The AWC Champion Award recognizes a healthcare information professional outside the US who has made outstanding contributions to the advancement of healthcare information. Ms. Webster was selected from 18 healthcare information professionals nominated by their peers and colleagues.
- Five (5) concurrent workshops were offered after the summit on 21 October, at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi:
- Training on DRG systems, joint presentation by AHIMA and 3M
- First time in UAE—Privacy and Security Workshop
- Certification Prep Workshop for all AHIMA coding certifications (CCA, CCS-P, CCS)
- CDIP Certification Prep Workshop
- CHDA Certification Prep Workshop with introduction to the newest AHIMA certification on Informatics (CPHI)
- Summit attendees received 14 AHIMA CEUs and 14 HAAD CMEs for attending both days of the summit.
speakers from 10 countries
sessions and workshops
Here are a few comments from Summit attendees:
“It was wonderful event.”
“Good experience and relevant Information by AHIMA speakers.”
“The speakers were excellent. I would highly encourage people from around the world to attend this summit”
“It was a very informative conference”
“It was a worthwhile experience. I just hope there will be more time allotted to attend the different Tracks.”
“Total event is well organized”
“Good speakers, and as in previous years, it was a great opportunity to gain new knowledge, meet up with old HIM colleagues. and meet new ones.”
“It was good in all aspects. Please do more like this.”
“The event was well organized and all the speakers were excellent”
“I liked the conference very much; got a lot of updates.”
“It’s is my first time to attend the Summit and I must say that it was overwhelming. I met familiar faces from the same industry and was able to learn more about HIM in the Middle East.”
“Some of the topic were new to my knowledge, such as the system of Dubai, but the presentations were well organize and discuss it very well.”
“Overall it was very interesting. I was able to interact with iIndustry experts and professionals in HIM field.”
“I really enjoyed this great event that happened in UAE. It was very innovative, informative, relevant, and very well organized. “
“Summit was educational and impactful. It confirmed that what I do in the hospital in terms of clinical documentation is right. It encouraged me to do more“
“Training modules as the topics were simultaneous and all were relevant and interesting.“
“AHIMA should welcome well-experienced speakers while conducting the AWC summit. Opportunities must be widened in various aspects rather than known information recurrently advised. Must illustrate with classic examples from the states to compare with UAE market for a long run project and also render space for improvisation for other stakeholders.“
Summit @ a Glance